As we go through the summer, we look around and figure out all of the jobs we could be doing that make our homes look wonderful on the outside. The hot weather makes it much easier to be outside because you know any painting or any jobs you do for the outside of your home will not be spoiled by wet weather.
Whether you have to deal with water pump repair, gutter repairs, you have to cut down and drain out your garden, or you just want to replace that crumbling wall on the outside, there are plenty of jobs that you should be getting on with while the sun is shining. There are so many odd jobs that can be done over the summer months, and we’ve given a list below of what you could be doing right now.
- Give your garden a little bit of love. The sun is shining and the sky is blue, so take the opportunity now to prune, trim, mow and flex your green thumb with the rest of the neighbourhood. Lay your loan if you are looking to replace your current one with fake grass. Add some new plants to the flowerbeds. Raise new veggies. Whatever you need to do, take care of the greenery in your garden now while you can and you will have a much more lush and beautiful space through the year.
- Paint your front door. If your front door is looking worn down by the sunshine, it may be worth painting it and replacing all of that peel look that it’s got going for it right now. Giving your exterior a fresh look can start with things like the front door, because once you’ve done the wood here, you can move to the wood of the window frames. A new splash of paint is going to give the entirety of your home exterior a brand new vibe.
- Add a swimming pool. If you’ve got the budget and you have the space, why not have an excavation team come in and create a pool for you? If your current pool has a filter and the equipment needs some attention, calling in the experts to do that for you now will mean no murky pool water through the year. You could do this yourself, but you’d need to know how to measure the temperature, the pH, the disinfecting concentration and the salinity of the water yourself.
- Have your air conditioning unit serviced. we are approaching autumn so there’s every chance it won’t be long until you flip your aircon switch to heat. getting IT service now is a great idea because you can make sure that there won’t be any poor performances during the winter months and you won’t have to freeze your butt off during that time.
- Give the card in a clean up. Lastly, actually give the garden a proper clean and get rid of all of the rubbish. It’s a good way to refresh space and you won’t have to worry about the space looking messy or dealing with it through the winter.