Falling in love with your home again begins in an unexpected place… the hallway! If there is one part of the house that tends to get neglected, it is the hallway. At most, we may put up a piece of wall art or a few pictures, but that is about as far as it goes. However, there is so much more you can do with your hallway. In this post, we are going to take a look at some unique hallway décor ideas that you would not expect, but will definitely transform your home for the better.
1. White, textured hallways – If you have a small hallway, white is the color to use. It’ll make the area look a lot bigger and more welcoming. If you choose dark shades, it will only close the hallway in. You may feel that white is boring, but it doesn’t have to be. In fact, playing around with different textures is a great way to give your hallway a five-star edge. You could use bricks and then paint them white, or you could opt for white ceramic wall tiles. A lot of homeowners are starting to realize that it is not just about colour when it comes to adding intrigue to a space. Texture plays a massive role, and using this wisely is one of the secrets to success in interior design.
2. Bring the outdoors inside – Plants can make a huge difference to the ambiance in your home, but you have probably not considered placing them in your hallway. Carefully placing plants is a great way to boost the mood and purify the air. One stunning idea is to opt for different shaped glass vases, filling them with unique green plants. Either way, this is a simple yet highly effective way of making your home more welcome, beautiful, and comforting while enhancing the atmosphere at the same time.
3. Make a statement with lighting – Lighting offers a great way of making a big impact without needing a lot of space. Plus, it does not require a lot of effort on your part either; all you need to do is look online for a statement light, which will become the focal part of the hallway. There are plenty of designer lights, which look like a work of art. Of course, there are other ways you can use lighting as well. For example, you may want to invest in small lights for any artwork that you have in the hallway, ensuring that it is lit up effectively.
4. Add a bookshelf – You should rethink the way you use your hallway. One suggestion is to add a bookshelf. We are used to seeing bookshelves in living areas or study rooms. However, if you do not have the space for one here, why not opt for a built-in bookshelf in the hallway? This is a good way to maximize space utilization while also adding interest to your hallway area.
5. Add some comfort – The hallway isn’t an area we tend to spend much time in. But, this can all change if you had a comfy seat. This used to be commonplace until recently, as modern home design is now centered on space-saving, and so houses are more compact. However, if you have space or a period-style property, a luxurious chair can look incredible while also providing the perfect place for you to relax and enjoy a good book.
6. Tile parts of your hallway – Last but not least, if you are yet to find the perfect suggestion for your hallway, one option to consider is tiling some or part of your hallway, this is an excellent way of creating your own feature statement on the wall. Of course, you will need to make sure you choose quality tiles with care. The likes of terrazzo tiles by Tilemall are a good choice if you are looking for something elegant and stylish. You can look on the likes of Instagram and Pinterest for some inspiration on how to tile your hallway in a stunning and striking manner.
Final words on six of the unique ways you can transform your hallway
So there you have it – six ideas you can use to transform your hallway. Your hallway does not need to be a bland and boring space; it can be one of the star attractions of your house. From playing around with different textures and adding a bookshelf to investing in statement lighting or a luxurious chair, the options are well and truly endless.