“Accessories are like the vitamins to fashion.” -Anna Dello Russo.
You might agree with us that the right accessories can instantly upgrade your outfit. Even if it’s a simple LBD attire, a nice pair of sparkling earrings will complement the dress, adding a final touch.
However, it is only possible if you know about different types of accessories and how to use them. Otherwise, you might end up over-accessorizing, which might not go as expected.
That’s why let’s first learn about a few basic categories of fashion accessories!
Type Of Fashion Accessories:
- Footwear: What type of shoes or heels you pair with the outfit plays a significant role in the look you are going for. Some of the must-have footwear are black and neutral heels, white sneakers, black or brown boots. Also, make sure that your footwear is comfortable.
- Jewelry: Another essential accessory that you need is a good collection of jewelry. Your selected statement piece can add spark to even a basic outfit like a red jumpsuit. Therefore, you should collect luxury earrings, silver rings, pearl pendants, bracelets, or anything in the diamond. There are countless ways these simple yet stunning jewelry pieces can help you with your personal style.
- Handbag: Different types of bags work with different types of outfits. For instance, for a university student look, you’ll need a backpack, while for a foxy look, you’ll require a clutch. Nevertheless, ensure that the handbags are also functional and not merely for the showcase.
- Belts: Belts are not only for functional accessories but also for fashion. These work great for adding curves to your loose or oversized outfits. You can even use them to make your long tops look cropped. Likewise, they help in adding an edge to outerwear.
These are the most basic accessories that every person must have to elevate their outfits. These will make your attire look more polished and stunning. Plus, these will help in improving the functioning of your dresses.
How To Accessorize:
- Select A Signature Accessory: Every person has their own sense of style. So, you need to pick accessories accordingly. Select the piece that makes you feel confident, is comfortable, and can be used for multiple occasions. For instance, while selecting earrings, go with unique designs as they will help add a vibrant look to your simple outfits.
- Go Bold With Colors And Patterns: Bright colors, animal prints, holographic effects, etc., will make accessories more appealing and fun. So, you need not restrict your choice to basic or nude colors or patterns. In addition to this, you can also mix and match accessories to make them look jazzier.
- Thing Out Of The Box: Variety in your wardrobe will help in upgrading your fashion style. So, you must experiment with different colors and combinations. Nevertheless, keep in mind the basic rule of layering and styling, i.e., use one piece to dominate the look and rest to compliment it.
Understand your comfort and style and work over it to pick the right outfits and accessories. Not to mention, don’t shy away from experimenting with your looks. Instead, the more you’ll try, the better your styling will get.