All of us who believe in the power of prayer know the value of reaching out to the almighty, but how often do we do it? Most of us are so busy in the humdrum of life that it becomes easy to bypass our routine prayer time. If you are struggling to make time for prayer in your daily schedule, this blog is the right read for you! Summarized in five concise ways is the key to living a life more aligned in prayer that can help you show up for yourself better. Mentioned below are five ways to pray that can help you live life more fully!
- Pray before starting your day: Kickstarting the day right with prayer can help you become a highly motivated and productive person in the long run. Simply put in an intention to have an amazing day and navigate any issues with grace, and watch the difference!
- Bless your meals: Every time we have a full meal to eat, expressing gratitude over it and blessing the people who helped get the food to our table is crucial. This way, you’re not only expressing gratitude to the hands that have prepared the meal but go all the way back to every sentient being involved in the process, including nature.
- Offer prayers for special intentions: Just like celebrations deserve a party with plenty, prayers need so extra intentional focus on special occasions. When you’re at a pivotal point in life or need collective healing and blessings, reach out to the people of God. An instance would be putting in a request for intentional prayers with the Wyoming Carmelites, who are known for their earnest and diligent prayers throughout the day.
- Pray before bedtime: Praying before you fall asleep is one of the best ways to get rid of all of the mental clutter. Once you talk to God about your day, whether it was a positive or bad day, your mind can release any tension around these thoughts with the feeling of being guided divinely. Prayers before bedtime also help you overcome any fears and anxieties, especially if you or any family member experience nightmares and night terrors while sleeping.
- Reach out to God during tribulations: While most of us are used to sharing our happiness, we tend to put on our adult pants and suppress any negative incidents in life. However, this only increases the levels of stress and anxiety in our daily lives, which is worse than asking for help. If you struggle to talk about your trials and tribulations with others, reach out to God first. Ask for any necessary counsel that could help you navigate the event, thus helping you overcome the matter or reach out to more people if need be.
In the grand scheme of life, major and minor events will be a constant occurrence. However, learning to reach out to God, be it to ask for help or express gratitude, is simpler than we think. We hope that this blog brings you an easier way to stay in touch with your religious practices and hence, close to the Almighty.