Whether it is your dog or your cat, you know by now that your four-legged friend has become an inseparable part of your life. You just can’t do without them. You feel incomplete without their cuddles and wet nose poking your ankle now and then. This is why it is essential to keep them active and healthy throughout the day.
What can you do to make this happen? Let’s understand the importance of pet activity, health, lifestyle, nutrition, and other aspects of owning a pet a little better in the following section.
1. Keeping Your Pets Active And Healthy Post-Pandemic
This has become a very difficult feat to accomplish for almost every pet owner around the world. People are curious whether their pets can get this virus or not. They had stopped taking out their pets for walks or even letting them socialize with other animals. But this behavior seems to be dying away at the moment. People have realized that the cases of animals contracting the coronavirus are very far and few in between. Remember, the covid-19 outbreak has affected humans more than animals not just in the UK but around the world. It is wise to keep them protected but not sheltered at all times. Get them vaccinated and provide them with a healthy lifestyle to keep them happy and active.
2. Regular Exercise
Take them out for a walk. Schedule a play session with your neighbor’s dogs every other day. It is a great approach to try to make a player or athlete out of your dog. It also allows you to bond with them and lose a few extra pounds in the process. This is a very practical thing to include in their everyday lifestyle, especially when you know that your pet is unusually hyperactive. It is going to allow them to spend their energy on activities outside the house which means that they will be more at peace and way calmer when they are home.
3. A Lot Of Affection
How can you avoid this very essential aspect of his life? You need to establish and maintain a strong bond with your pet. Whether it is your cat, dog, hamster, or guinea pig, having positive interactions with your little friend is essential. Give them regular cuddles. Do not hesitate in petting them as frequently as you can. Give them belly rubs and allow them to sit on your lap whenever they want. They are a big part of your life and it is time you made them feel welcome and comfortable.
4. Maintaining Proper Nutrition
If you are not aware of what kind of food items to include in the daily diet of your pet, it is better to reach out to a vet. They can recommend you the best raw dog food uk brands, easy-to-make recipes, and combinations of foods that will easily become a staple in your pet’s diet. The right amount and type of foods help your pet maintain a healthy weight as well. This helps you keep him away from any obesity-related problems and health issues too. Make sure to include fresh and clean water in his diet and always consult a physician for any changes that you might want to make in his daily nutrition.
5. Socialization Is Very Important
Just like it is important for you, it is important for your pet as well. You need to let your pets out every once in a while, so that they can enjoy the company of their friends as well. Whether it is your puppy or kitten, you should make it a habit to take them out regularly so they can mingle with other animals and pets around your neighborhood. It is especially necessary for their formative years because this is how they learn to co-exist. Socialization is also very important if you have an aggressive pet at your home. Allowing your pets to socialize and get to know other animals around your locality is going to keep them curious, social, happy, friendly, and more welcoming to new connections and relationships in their lives.
6. Want To Stay Healthy Around Your Pets?
This is an aspect that several pet owners tend to avoid or forget because they have never really paid attention to it in the first place. Regardless of whether you are playing with them or feeding or cleaning them up, it is important to maintain a certain level of hygiene at all times. Let’s have a look at a few rules that you should follow whether you are inside the house or out in the playground:
- Wash your hands regularly, especially after touching or playing with your pet
- Maintain cleanliness when you are feeding them or handling their food inside or outside the kitchen
- Keep their cages, tanks, toys, utensils, water dishes, and every other item of use absolutely clean
- Do not leave any of their items such as their toys, dishes, bowls, or collars out in the open for anyone to touch
- Make sure to clean your hands and sanitize them before eating and drinking or handling or preparing foods or drinks
- Make sure to remove and wash soiled clothes or shoes away from your regular clothing
7. Kids And Animals – Managing The Chaotic Combo
You know that it is an absolute jam when your kids interact with your pets. It is like a house on fire and there is so much fun that you tend to ignore certain rules that you should always follow.
- You should always keep your children and pets under your watch whenever they are playing together
- Introduce your children to your pets gradually and under controlled circumstances
- Allow them to interact under your guidance only
- Don’t let children kiss your pets on the mouth
- Keep them away from all the items and utensils that your pets use regularly
- Educate your children about how to treat your pets correctly so that they don’t aggravate them and risk any injuries or mishaps
As a pet owner, it won’t be an exaggeration if someone asks you to be alert 24/7. It is like having another child in your home. Be vigilant. Be careful. Be aware of your pet’s needs because that is the only way to become the best pet parent in the whole of the UK.