Real progress has been made here now that I've got a little bit of "me" time again.
The Ten in the Bed cross-stitch that I started back at the beginning of February (nearly eight months ago!) is finally finished. Well, I say finished, the sewing part is finished. I still need to wash it, mount it and frame it though before it can be hung on the wall in Little Miss C's nursery. I just hope that it won't be another eight months before this happens!
This is the view that I have most evenings now that the sewing is complete. There's still a long way to go with this baby blanket, at least another 40cm to be exact, and now that the weather has become distinctly autumnal I'm really feeling the pressure to crack on and get it finished. I'm really pleased with how it's turning out, but the weight of all that wool on the needles is making it a bit hard going. The C family has a week away at the end of next month and I'm setting myself the "deadline" of having it finished by the time we return. It's going to be tough but I'm hoping that the additional childcare in the form of LMC's grandparents and Auntie H mean that I may get a bit more time with my needles that week!