Millions of people every year move to their dream destination, one of them being America. Even the country is attracting visitors by issuing different cards under various categories. In one of these categories, you can apply for a green card. This will further ensure your permanent residency there. So let us know the nitty-gritty of acquiring this card, along with the benefits of moving to the US.
What does having a green card imply?
It is meant for foreign internationals. It indicates that you can legally work and live in the USA permanently. If you are holding it, you will be regarded as a lawful permanent resident of the US. After holding it continuously for 3-5 years, you can qualify to become a permanent American resident. According to the studies, there are approximately 13.9 million green card holders in the USA till 2019.
There are various types of green cards that are issued. Some of them are listed below-
- Family-based green card
- Diversity lottery green card
- Longtime-resident green card
What are the various benefits of holding it?
- No constraint on employment – By getting one, you can work anywhere in the country, with anyone you want. You can start your own business. You are not limited to any visa restrictions.
- You can sponsor your family or relatives – Staying there alone? If you hold a green card, you can sponsor your family members. It includes your spouse, siblings, parents, or children. But, your children must be unmarried and under 21 years of age.
- Access to health-care services – Do you know the 10 best hospitals in the world? Well, 4 of them are located in America. These are Cleveland Clinic, Massachusetts General Hospital, Mayo Clinic, and Johns Hopkins Hospital. This data was analyzed in 2020 by Newsweek. Acquiring a USA Green Card will give you access to these best health facilities. And their medical facilities are regarded as one of the best services throughout the globe.
- Post-retirement Benefits – We all dream of getting extra benefits after retirement to live our lives happily and peacefully after that. The permanent residents of America are entitled to these benefits. Retired individuals can get access to their pensions. Moreover, they are also eligible for social welfare programs.
- Take part in political campaigns – Politics is an important part of any country. Talking about voting, only naturally-born residents of America are allowed to vote in state or federal elections. But hang on! For green card holders, the US Federal Election Committee allows making financial contributions to their favorite political party.
- Smooth traveling facilities in and out of America – One of the best advantages of getting this card is the traveling experience. It is better than holding a temporary or a student visa. But here is a point to look into – Don’t stay out of the country for more than 6 months. This can cause you problems if you are really planning to get a permanent residency.
- Less paperwork – There are many countries where citizenship is renewed after a year or two. But here you have to renew it only once in 10 years. Plus with digitalization, you won’t have to worry about leaving your comfort zone as well.
But if you are getting there, then you must know the benefits of moving there. So are we ready to know the benefits of moving there? Let us find out!
- Positivity of Americans – This is the topmost reason that you can consider. Americans are considered the most positive beings worldwide. They see the opportunity in every problem. This country was established with the idea that you can achieve anything if you make up your mind. Also, more than 200 nationalities reside there. They celebrate and accept diversity. You might even find many friends who became a part of this country after using the same format. You might even get a few people from your own country as well. So this nation welcomes you with all your heart and soul. Isn’t it the best thing?
- Economy – The USA is the biggest economy in the world. Its currency is the most commonly used in the world. It serves as a benchmark for the forex market. According to The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, it is the country with the highest average household income. It is not an expensive country. Let us prove this with a fact. It is ranked number one in the Global Food Security Index in terms of affordability and food security. Besides, housing is also cheaper.
- Weather – Along with the diversity, this country also has diverse weather. You can find a suitable climate according to your needs. If you love summers, you can move to California. Here you will find sunshine throughout the year. If winters are your favorite, then enjoy the season of chilled Alaska. Not satisfied? Don’t worry. This land also has tropical regions and desert plains.
- Study – Shifting there with children? Then providing them the best education must be your priority. The standard of schooling is very high there. You can send your ward to a state or public school. If they have completed schooling, then America has a renowned college system around the world. Don’t believe us? It has been found through the ranking of QS Global University that almost 10 colleges from the top 20 ones exist here.
- It is time for some food – Culinary culture is one of the most loved businesses there. More than 600000 restaurants exist there. So there is no doubt that you can experience the food that suits your taste buds. You can get mouth-licking food even in the small towns.
- Beauty – The natural beauty of America is mesmerizing. It is filled with vast lakes, mountain ranges, peaceful oceans, and whatnot! There are many places to explore in the USA ranging from Niagara falls to Caddo lake. 58 national parks in this country manage the large diversity of species.
It is no doubt that you are stepping into a great country. Therefore make your life more worthy and comfortable by acquiring a green card. You will not only get its immense benefits, but you will enjoy your life to the best!