There’s less than a couple of weeks now until I head to Manchester again for the next Blog On conference. I know I’ve said it before, but Blog On is by far my favourite blogging conference and it’s the reason I happily head to the wrong side of the Pennines twice a year. The goodie bags are legendary for starters, but I think that by now I’m enough of a Blog On pro to know how to get the most out of the conference. Not only the planned sessions, but also networking with brands and the other bloggers too. I’ve also pretty much nailed what you need to take with you.
If I’m totally honest though the bit that I’m probably worst at is networking with other bloggers that I don’t already know. I have a group of friends that usually go to Blog On and we tend to stick together a bit, but that means I often run out of time to talk to anyone else. So that’s my personal challenge of this year – talk to some strangers and make more blogging contacts that way.
Step one – taking part in the Blog On 2017 Christmas Jumper Linky! So here goes…
1. Please share your favourite photo of you.
There you go at the top of this post. Not sure it’s my absolute favourite picture, as I sort of hate looking at myself in pictures, but it’s certainly one that sums me up well.
2. If you could choose a band to play in your garden for your birthday, who would you pick?
It would have to be U2. I’ve been a fan since I was about 14 and first saw them live at Wembley 20 years ago. This year I got to go and see them live again with my boyfriend. It was magical!
3. What do you take with you for long visits to the toilet?
Surely everyone takes their phone with them to the loo???
4. What word can’t you spell?
5. What’s the most unusual job you’ve ever had?
I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you…
6. Knitting, sewing or crotchet?
That’s a hard question. I love all three, but crochet pips it at the moment. After discovering Lucy at Attic24 I’m crochet obsessed!
7. Without looking it up, what is a jerkinhead?
Not a clue! Is it safe to google?
8. If you could have as much of one food as you wanted forever, what would it be?
Chocolate! I could quite happily live on the stuff.
9. What is the scariest thing you’ve ever done?
Followed my heart.
10. If you needed a getaway driver, who would you choose?
My friend’s husband. He gave me a lift somewhere recently and let’s just say he knows how to accelerate!
11. Would you rather live in Narnia or at Hogwarts?
Hogwarts. I went to boarding school as a kid (having fallen in love with Enid Blyton’s Malory Towers and the idea of playing lacrosse at school) so I think I’d have to go back to one a bit more magical than the one I attended.
12. What snack food says ‘Christmas’ to you?
Wensleydale on a slice of Christmas cake. It’s a northern thing!
13. Is there life on Mars?
Well David Bowie said there was and I’m inclined to believe him.
14. Which Christmas movie would you be a character in, and who would play you?
As anyone who knows me will tell you I’m rubbish when it comes to films. I’ve hardly seen any and can never remember the ones I have seen. Off the top of my head I’m not even sure I can think of any Christmas movies other than the Snowman and there aren’t exactly many characters in that are there?
15. What are you proudest of?